Color: Reasonably well Coloured.
Flavour: sweet to tart, typical of the variety, and free from off or burnt flavours.
Moisture: 12% max.
Admixture: 1% max.
Imperfect: 5% max.
Sugar: 60% min.
Sulphur: 2000 ppm max.
Per 100g of Edible Protein:
Potassium 746 mg
Magnesium 33 mg
Sodium 12 mg
Iron 1.7 mg
Vitamin B 11 mg
Vitamin C 1.3 mg
The Nutritional Value Of Raisins
Raisin are the best source of quick energy, as they contain 70 percent pure fructose, which gets digested by the body easily and gives instant energy. The Nutritional Value Of Raisins
Raisins are dried grapes and they are a good source of;
· and some B vitamins.
Other Health Benefits
· fat free,
· cholesterol free,
· rich source of antioxidants,
· low in sodium,
· contain natural sugar (fructose), and
· no preservatives are used to keep them fresh.
· Having antioxidant properties, raisins help keep the blood clean and flowing, by getting rid of al the impurities
· Raisins are believed to be good for bone density and have been associated with lower risk of osteoporosis in women
· The phytonutrients and olenolic acid present in raisins makes them beneficial for the health of teeth and gums
· Raisins are good for eyes and have been found to be helpful in prevention of macular degeneration
· Being high in calories, but not fats, raisins are a very good source of energy, especially for children and athlete
· Raisins are a good source of fiber and can help cure constipation. For the purpose, boil raisins in a saucepan of water, strain the liquid and drink it
· Studies claim that raisins contain additional nutritive compounds that can protect against heart disease and colon cancer.
Some Quick Serving Tips
· Raisins are a great addition to homemade granola or can be sprinkled over any breakfast cereal, hot or cold
· Raisins go well in most baked goods. Add them to bread, muffins and cookies
· Add raisins, almonds, peppers and onions to brown rice to make a tasty side dish
· Raisins' sweetness and texture make them a great addition to poultry stuffing
· Mix raisins with your favorite nuts for a high-energy, protein and fiber-packed homemade snack or trail mix.
NOTE: DO NOT CONTACT WITHOUT YOUR EMAIL FOR EASY COMMUNICATION.